We offer a junior software engineer position to join the software team at Qilimanjaro to provide a Quantum as a Service solution to our clients and researcher teams.
The candidate will join the software team to contribute to the development of the full stack service based on the Qibo open-source framework in each of its layers. From the top-level business applications where researchers can run their experiments with the new algorithms , to the SDK API service where the clients’ systems can connect to send their jobs, and to the lowest level interacting directly with the quantum devices to control and manage them.
- Python packages and libraries development.
- Programming skills in advanced Python
- Project management in development environments: GitHub, Visual Code, etc.
- Object oriented programming, design patterns and code smells
- TDD and testing frameworks
- Experience in full-stack development projects with different typed programming languages (Python, Typescript, React, etc.)
- Wants to assume new challenges where the roadmap is uncertain and changing in a recurrent way
- Comfortable working in a remote environment
- Experience in SLURM job scheduling management
- Knowledge of quantum mechanics and experience programming on quantum computing frameworks (Qibo, Qiskit, Ocean, etc.) is a plus
- Restless, curious person with a desire to learn and tolerance of failure
- Social skills and ability to work independently
- At least 2 years of proven experience
- Project examples required, github repository, etc.
- Proficiency in English
This position is targeted at highly motivated people who are willing to join a diverse, international environment with strong overlaps between experimental and theoretical physics and engineering.
The position will be carried out at the Qilimanjaro headquarters in the Barcelona area with remote flexibility.
Quantum computing will change the world but with current approaches, the true impact of quantum computers lies at least a decade away. We plan to offer true quantum computational power to solve industry critical problems, specifically in the area of optimization and machine learning, in a much shorter timeframe.
The Qilimanjaro Quantum Tech SL startup company is the quantum spin-off from the Barcelona Supercomputer Center (BSC), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Institute of High-Energy Physics (IFAE) that started operations in 2020 on the back of international customer multi-year contracts.
Qilimanjaro has brought together a great team of scientists with extensive training, knowledge and experience in international labs at MIT, Caltech, Waterloo in Toronto, Stony Brook and TU Delft.
Our integrated hardware & software team focuses on leading edge coherent quantum annealing with high-quality superconducting qubit architectures to deliver scalable app-specific fully quantum processors and correspondingly tuned algorithmic services in a short timeframe with a co-design approach.
Qilimanjaro is a contributor to the H2020 competitive research project AVAQus on coherent quantum annealing financed by the European Commission and whose coordinator is a Qilimanjaro co-founder.
Qilimanjaro Quantum Tech is an inclusive company and an equal opportunity employer. No discrimination will be made on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form below.